Study online with Sam Knight
Highly experienced saxophone teacher, performer and composer; I teach online lessons to students of all ages and abilities covering Jazz, Classical or Pop saxophone, as well as Clarinet and Flute.
Offering friendly, professional, enjoyable and personally tailored lessons that focus on:
- Sight reading
- Aural training / skills (+singing)
- Music Software skills
Sam's experience, qualifications and other details:
- First Class BA Jazz Honours Degree from Guildhall School of Music in London
- Highly experienced session musician and composer; performing at venues such as Barbican Hall, Ronnie Scott's, Southbank Centre and the Bridgwater Hall
- Specialism in teaching Improvisation, Harmony and Composition - particularly useful for producers and artists
- Using creative materials/methods to teach a broad range of musical skills
- Has studied with some of the UK’s leading musicians and international stars including Jean Toussaint, Gareth Lockrane, Christian Forshaw, Trevor Tomkins, Malcolm Edmonstone, Scott Stroman, Barry Green, Charnett Moffett, Julian Siegel & Ben Wendel.
- Cost of lessons: £40 per hour
- If you have any questions or would like to book a lesson, please contact me on 07930313323
*Sam also has an Enhanced DBS Certificate
After receiving some of the best musical education anyone can hope for, I find nothing more fulfilling than to pass that knowledge on to the next generation. - Sam Knight
Fill in the form below to make an inquiry!
"Sam is a very good teacher: I especially appreciate his patience and teaching skills as I am a beginner. Sam always deals with this so well, that it is always a pleasure to have a lesson with him. And I can tell I'm progressing – so can my neighbours!"
"Working with Sam Knight really helped me broaden my musical pallette. When I first started ear training with him, it was like a drape being lifted from my ears. Tone colour and pitch are now much more clear to me. Sam is also an incredibly patient teacher, helping me understand each part of an exercise carefully before moving on. His approach towards music is an audio-tactile one, and he always remarks the primacy of the ear in the compositional/improvisational process. I cannot recommend Sam strongly enough, and I also recommend working with him now, before he becomes horridly famous and decides to double his rates!"
"As a parent of 3 children, each of whom play different instruments, I have always found it difficult to find the right music teacher. I have always found it essential to engage teachers who can bring the right balance between teaching the curriculum / theory and fostering an appreciation for the music and instrument. It was especially hard to find a saxophone teacher with these qualities. We were so happy to find Sam after a long search. Within a few months with Sam, my son was able to play the basics to a standard where he felt he was making great progress, and he has been constantly improving since then. The fact that Sam spends the last minutes of the lesson introducing my son to different genres of saxophone music by listening to music played by various saxophonists was an added plus and has widened his knowledge of the infinite range of saxophone music. I would definitely recommend Sam as a saxophone teacher not just to parent seeking lessons for their children but also to any adult who would like to learn this skill."